meet the massey@distance team
M@D is governed and directed by past and present Masey University distance students.
massey@distance board of directors:
Co – Presidents 2021 -2023
- Jax Watt
- Jacalyn Clare
- BA (Social Anthropology) (Massey); MA (Anthropology) (current study)
- Email: email@example.com
- Jacqueline Watt: LinkedIn
Kiwiburn: The globalization of Burning Man in Aotearoa New Zealand.
My BA major -Social Anthropology – has provided me with a strong understanding of culture, which I find extremely useful living in our multicultural New Zealand. Social anthropology has also given me a solid foundation of understanding of the issues that exist around Te Tiriti o Waitangi, as well as the United Nations universal human rights laws.
My BA minor – Rehabilitation studies – has equipped me with an understanding of case management; person-centered rehabilitation, SBIRTs and IWRPs; the WHO’s classifications, definitions, and directives including the ICF; mental health and disability definitions and classifications; social determinants of mental health; disability and mental health language and human rights.
Rehabilitation studies touched on all forms of rehabilitation: Alcohol and other drug (AOD) dependency and Harm reduction, physical rehabilitation, psychological rehabilitation, social rehabilitation, and vocational rehabilitation. A large portion of my minor has been concentrated on mental health policy and practice, quality of life measures (QoL), harm reduction, brief interventions, and the public health model.
- Massey University Graduate: Bachelor of Arts
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Massey University: Undergraduate, third year. Bachelor of Sciences: Major: Information Systems, Minor: IT.
- Email: email@example.com
- LinkedIn: Jacqueline Eade
Jacqueline works remotely from her home office in Christchurch. She lives with her beautiful 9 year old daughter.
- Innovations for the modern work and study environments
- Web design and development
- Helping all students live their best life
- Organisational knowledge management system
- Kickboxing fitness